[Single] Eri Nobuchika - Lights

Thursday, July 24, 2008

 


This is Eri Nobuchika's debut single. It was released on December 8, 2004. It peaked on #73 in the Oricon Weekly Chart by selling approximately 7,172 copies. The title track was used as the theme song for the movie "Shinku" and for PSP game "Lumines".

Lights starts off with funeral-sounding piano chords. But when Eri's vocal comes, i started to take attention to this song. With addition of strings and percussion just before the chorus, i took more attention. Then, when the chorus come, i instantly AMAZED by this song and her voice. It's very powerful. Something very rare for ordinary J-Pop artist. Not over, complicated strings bridge which is very beautiful and sweeping instantly made me her fan. Words aren't enough to describe how beautiful this song is. LISTEN TO THIS !!!
Arrangement: A+ | Music: A+ | Vocal: A+

The b-side is a dance song with only one line sung "I hear the music in my soul" in a distorted style. It's so damn catchy. This song may sounds repetitive. Nonetheless, it's normal for a dance song. It makes me want to sing "...I..I.I.I I hear the music in my soul" ^^.
Arrangement: A | Music: A | Vocal: A

The acoustic version of Lights just prove how powerful and beautiful her vocal is. Gladly, there's no more that lifeless piano chord. The piano was replaced by the jazzy ones. But still, i prefer the original version.
Arrangement: A+ | Music: A+ | Vocal: A+

Favorite Song: Lights
Conclusion:
This is the best debut single i ever heard. It's just so sad that Eri didn't get what she deserves. So, this single is near perfect. EXTERMELY RECOMMENDED!


Overall, i give the score [98/A+] for this amazing debut single.

1 comments:

Asian Models Shop said...

nice blog!!! please visit us, thanks^^ asianworldmusic.blogspot.com