[Single] Ayaka X Kobukuro – Anata to

Friday, December 19, 2008

 




 

This is Ayaka and Kobukuro's second collaborative single. This single only contain a single song. It's used for Nissan CUBE commercial. I can't give the sales data since the wiki.theppn.org can't be accessed anymore XC.

Anata to is a gorgeously wonderful jazzy ballad. Aaah… 3 months has passed since this single released and this song even still exists in my regular listen-to and sing-to list. Crisp acoustic guitar and piano melt perfectly with the sweeping strings, tender saxophone and lovely percussion. More importantly, their vocals are just… perfect. Both of the singers, who actually excel in this genre, can pull out their true talent here, making this song sounded dramatic and dynamic. However, for the arrangement, I can really hear the kobukuro flair in everywhere. But, it's not a bad thing. Because this time I don't hear any overly-dramatized musical part that usually infect Kobukuro's ballads. Not only that, I also love the line "anata to, egaku mirai" which means (if I'm not mistaken) "with you, paint the future…" The PV is also in a lovely side.

Song Rating: 98/A+

To conclude, this song has my award as the ballad of the year and the PV of the year. Because, … I think you're already know that I have reviewed this song twice. But, you also have to know that this single only contain a song with its instrumental. But, despite of the excellent quality that this song has, it still not a good deal since you'll eventually (hopefully) get the song as a bonus track in one of their album.

Single Rating: 87/B+

Finally, a review after 2 months of inactivity due to the damned quarantine (oops..)

0 comments: